Saturday, October 20, 2001

It wasn't my intention to only update this once a week, but... Quite a busy week, we even had an anthrax scare in work!
Spent last weekend in Dublin, the first time I'd been there in FOUR YEARS!! Went to quite a lot of pubs and ended up at Voodoo on Saturday night - sort of popular RnB stuff and a very mixed crowd(!). Had a fun time, but the city really needs to sort out their public transport system - there are too many people to cope with, even for someone like me who had come over from London. One top tip - don't EVER get a 16A Dublin bus to the Airport unless you've got at least an hour to spare!
Back in London I managed to miss Superchunk but I finally got round to seeing A.I (in the new cinema in Wood Green). The popular view seems to be that if you're a Spielberg fan you won't like the middle section, and if you're a Kubrick fan you'll hate the last section. I can appreciate the last argument up to a point but overall I have to say that I liked it, it was actually better than I'd expected. Although it is a fable/ fairytale, I thought it would have worked better had it ended about 40 minutes earlier (don't want to go into detail and spoil it for anyone who hasn't seen it). Bizarrely I read an interview with Toyah who thought that the last section was great and the rest was boring!
Oh yeah, and on Thursday I went to see Les Savy Fav, Enon and Econoline at the Garage, and LSF were totally great, even better than the other times i had seen them. Enon, however, had an off night and were oddly disappointing. 'Proper' review v.soon.