Saturday, October 27, 2001

Some people have written to tell me that they like this front page so it's staying for a while. I'm busy trying to get the live reviews up to date at the moment. Hirameka Hi-Fi has been uploaded and PJ Harvey, Les Savy Fav, PSOI, Hefner, Clone Quartet will be up by Monday. I have a lot of CDs to wade through as well, so don't hold your breath!
I've been all over the place this week. I was in Belfast on 23rd and 24th, and went to Sketchy to see Clone Quartet and Drebin. I was expecting great things and was sorely disappointed. The only other gig I went to this week was Hefner at the unfeasibly large Shepherds Bush Empire. Good as usual, though a bit contrary of them to play hardly anything from their new analogue-snyth dominated album 'Dead Media'. Afraid of a backlash? I arrived a bit late so missed all of the Lucksmiths (great apparently) and I only saw a couple tunes from Appliance, who seemed a bit dull. Anyway, the Lucksmiths are playing again tonight at the Bull and Gate in Kentish Town so I might go along. Oh yeah, and Suicide are playing tomorrow, details below.

On the way back from Belfast I read Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, which really isn't my usual thing, but I was so annoyed by the accusations of occultism in the Belfast Telegraph by various Free Presbyterians and overtly religious managers of toyshops that I thought I would see what the fuss was about. I wonder how many of them have actually read it?