Tuesday, November 13, 2001

Tuesday night and I haven't even done the new releases yet! Here goes...

The Fall Are you are Missing Winner
I haven't heard it myself and I've been giving recent gigs a wide berth, but
I'm told that this is up there with 'The Unutterable' - still on form
apparently.

bis Return to Central
Now on Artful records, leaning even further towards electronic music.

Chris T-T The 253
12 track album from Chris T-T on snowstorm, dedicated to the bus route from Euston to Aldgate (which goes past my old flat). Great reviews everywhere and has played recently with Elbow and Turin Brakes.

Brian Eno Compact Forest Proposal
5 studies for "010101" San Francisco Museum of Modern Art 2001. 10 active cd players were used in this installation, each playing a specially cut cd featuring a single layer of the total music. The cds had a different number of tracks, some silent, and each player was set to play in random order. The final music is an ever changing combination. This cd
represents possible conditions of the installation piece (obviously it doesn't have the same effect as the installation)

Radiohead I Might be Wrong - Live
Well, I might be wrong but I reckon this 8 track live album was recorded at this gig in Oxford. In which case I'll not buy it as I have the whole gig on minidisc! It's good though. It features tracks from Kid A and Amnesiac plus a new track 'True Love Waits"