Wednesday, December 19, 2001

Another day, another major hangover. Add to that the general foggy-headed flu I'm suffering from, I'm amazed that there's been any new content at all! I even missed the Stereolab gig the other night cos I felt too ill to go. It's kind of a mix of headache, dry throat and seasonally affected boredom, so it's not much fun (the flu that is, not Stereolab)
Anyway, last night was our department's Xmas bash and we hired the venue in the Macadam building which overlooks the Thames. I made the most of the time-limited free bar (seemed like 8pm til 8.20 then 9 til 9.15 !!) so it turned out pretty good!
A weird thing happened on the way there. Myself and Matt took a wrong turn and went down a street too far, walked down the wrong side street past somewhere that looked like it could be a student halls, judging by the guy in the fancy dress afro outside it. We walked past, realised we were wrong, and doubled back. I walked very close to the guy who was wearing the afro and holding a beercan, only to hear he was talking to the security guard in a comedy Dutch accent. A closer look revealed that it was none other than Chris Morris (Brass Eye, Jam, etc) !! Now that's odd enough in itself, but this is the third time I've seen him in the street in a couple of months - I almost feel like an unintentional stalker!